Topics: FAFSA updates, Commencement and Grad Fair information, Family Weekend, Summer Study Abroad 2024, TRIO Student Support Services, alumni engagement, Internship Intensive Program, student spotlight on Emma Grace Condon, confirmation classes, and Athletics updates.
Topics: registration resources, FAFSA reminders, peer tutoring, J-Term 2024, Illuminate Loyola, Commencement 2024, Sneaux, Wolf Pack Athletics, Ignatian Gratitude, Advent Wreath Drop, student spotlight on Victoria Sosa.
Topics: Changes to FAFSA, TRIO Student Support Services, Career Center resources, Illuminate Loyola: give to the Loyola Fund, study abroad opportunities, nutritional support, flu shot fair, El Día de Muertos, Busy Persons Retreat.
Topics: Success Center resources, Wolf Pack Athletics Golf Tournament, LOYNO Magazine Summer 2023, walking pilgrimage of Camino Ignaciano for J-Term, contact info for Student Finance, cheer on the Wolf Pack, spirituality opportunities, student spotlight on Paola Ameglio.
Topics: Welcome from President Cole, Proxy Access vs. Records Release vs. Authorized User, J-Term study abroad options, new alumni boards, spiritual opportunities on campus, student spotlight on Makayla Hawkins, highlights from move in and Wolf Pack Welcome.
Changes to FAFSA
The Department of Education streamlined the FAFSA process by reducing the number of questions and making it easier to transfer tax information directly from the IRS. As a result, the 2024-2025 FAFSA did not become available until December 30, 2023.
Here are some of the major changes to expect from the FAFSA Simplification Act:
- The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) will be replaced with the Student Aid Index (SAI), which is calculated and used to determine your ability to pay for your student’s college and aid eligibility.
- As part of the new FAFSA reporting requirements, families will need to provide consent for FAFSA to access federal tax return information. Family size will be defined in alignment with tax return information.
- Access to Federal Pell Grants will be expanded to more students and will link eligibility to family size and federal poverty level.
Take action now to prepare for the simplified FAFSA:
- Opt in to SMS (text) messages by logging in to your StudentAid.gov account to receive up-to-date notifications and information.
- Use the Federal Student Aid Estimator tool to estimate eligibility for federal student aid based on the new Student Aid Index (SAI) formula.
Loyola’s Office of Financial Aid is here to support you through this process. For individual questions, please reach our office by calling 504-865-3231, emailing us at email@example.com, or scheduling an appointment online.
Need access to your student’s information?
In keeping with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a parent or guardian must be explicitly authorized by their student to receive access to information such as:
- Educational records
- Registration status
- Class schedule
- Room and board
- Financial aid
- Billing information
There are a few different ways your student can give you access. Learn more in the links below.
The Latest at LOYNO
Students enjoyed a trip to the historic city of Noto during the J-Term study abroad program in Sicily.
Inauguration of Dr. Cole
On Friday, November 10, 2023, we officially welcomed Dr. Xavier A. Cole as the 18th president of Loyola University New Orleans!
Mass of the Holy Spirit
Students shared their talents with the Loyola community during Mass of the Holy Spirit, a tradition to kick off the start of every academic year.
White Coat Ceremony
Loyola nursing students took their oaths at the recent White Coat Ceremony, a rite of passage to emphasize the importance of patient-centered care in nursing.
The College of Music and Media has a packed performance calendar through the end of the semester.
Meet Loyola's Environmental Justice Scholars
These talented students partner with local environmental organizations to bridge knowledge from the classroom with what's happening in their community.